At the reunions, she usually performs with songs and music.
– The first year I sung for the children on their last evening. There are mixed feelings at the farewell party, because the kids know that at least one of them is not there the following year.
In April of last year, she played at Hayley Okines’ funeral.
– HIS GREATEST DREAM
– There, now you’re official, Buddy Valastro says to Niccolò, and fits the boy with a «Cake Boss» apron.
He has inspected the cake the 12-year-old has decorated with confectioner Liz White: A cake with fondant in the Italian colors. Niccolò also wanted soccer balls on it – and soccer balls he got.
With a big smile on his face, and green icing in the piping bag, he gets to shape what looks like grass. It’s not entirely even, but the 12-year-old is just as satisfied.
– It’s supposed to be like that, because it was windy that day, he says, laughing with his whole body.
The busy bakery owner has to hurry along quickly, but gives a clear message to his employees before leaving:
– Give that guy everything he wants.
To VG, Valastro says he was not in doubt when he received the request from the Norwegian woman.
– It touches me when children have a desire to meet me, and that it is a big deal for them. It’s impossible to describe how good it feels to fulfill a wish for a child like Niccoló, he says and continues:
– It puts life in perspective, and you are reminded of what is really important in life. I have children, myself, and know how much it would mean for them to fulfill a dream.
Next to him stands a touched mother.
– This means so much to Niccolò. It is a dream come true. His greatest dream.